Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

Jalepeno in yo Chili yo

So I just ate chili, and cut up FRESH (very fresh) jalepeno pepper in it. Just a tiny amount. It was extremely hot. It was, as I mentioned, great Chili.

It was not great when 20 min. later I was working and itched my eye (because it itched). No, no, that was not great at all.

I'm reminded of the first time I cooked with hot peppers (about 7 1/2 years ago). I used habenero's, jalepeno's, and serrano peppers. I cut them up to make a spicy chicken dish. I was not at all experienced in cooking, and as one would imagine, the meal was inedible. Spicy does not quite explain what this was. Inedible does sort of explain it. Not quite there. Something like a Mapp gas torch. I think that does it justice.

I went to use the bathroom in the midst of cooking. That was not a good experience. At all. That is what my touching my eye reminded me of. I think I was in pain for about two hours, as I simply went to use the bathroom. I barely... held... myself. I think is a discreet way to say that. As that's what happens when a guy pees. That is a good indication of the amount of peppers I used.

So, lesson learned, if you cut hot peppers, wash immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?